Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Replacement

I miss Misfortunate, but I'm sure that a lot of it is because I'm remembering only the good parts.  But because I'm aware that I do this, I know that it wasn't perfect.  I miss the good parts.  I will always miss the good parts of anything - memories, foods, etc...  This is not to be confused with wishing that I could have it back.  I would never dare say that.

The question came up - even if not intended the way I'd taken it - of whether or not I would be looking to replace Misfortunate.  The prospect never even crossed my mind and now that it has, I realized that the answer is no, I wouldn't.  It is what it is.  I miss it out of a respect for the best of it, but I can't recreate it, and I'm not looking to replace it.  The truth is: I half-lie to myself to justify having invested so much time in it and I'm certain that upon careful and objective examination, I could shatter this happy image of it that I keep in my mind.

There may yet be better fits for me or there may not be, but either way, I will be open to and seize at whatever opportunities come my way.  That's the only way to live.
There was an error in this gadget