Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Insanity

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein

It's not that I think there's anything fundamentally wrong with how I've been living, or with the things I've been doing/things I plan on changing, I'm just aiming for different results and I don't want to go "insane" doing so. 

So, I started with blowing a lot of money in California, and generally adopting a more liberal attitude towards spending on designer names. 

Last week, I asked my POC at work to block me from accessing Facebook from work.  (A request for which I had to confess that I checked my account frequently while at the office.  My POC's initial response was by re-routing me to kittenwar.com, instead, which totally defeated the purpose.) 

Next, I plan to slowly phase-out gtalk.  I've been toying with the idea of it, but I'm having so much trouble with it. 

I've also reverted back to working more hours. 

I've stopped cooking [creatively] because I have no time. 

I'm finding more time for my family. 

I don't watch any tv what-so-ever. 

And

I've been writing a lot of song lyrics.  This will be the year that I focus on this.

I'm exhausted.  But at least I know why.
There was an error in this gadget