Sunday, 29 May 2011

Making It Memorable

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." ~Albert Einstein

How do you slow down time?  That is, the perception of it.  I speak not of time dilation...at the time being.

I declared this past New Year's (or was it the one before...) that my attempt at slowing down time would involve making it memorable.  How best to hold onto a moment than by making it impossible for forget?

This has basically involved saying 'yes' and being open to new adventures, and saying 'no' to anything less.

What's curious is the reception of this new attitude of mine: since adopting it, I've developed something of a following...

I don't think life was meant to be spent unhappily.  I don't think that my new outlook should be rare.  ...but so few people ever even consider what makes them happy, and of those that do, significantly fewer actually do something about it.

This life is a short one.  Don't waste it.  Go after your dreams with everything you've got!
There was an error in this gadget